Enjoy a short leisurely paddle up the Hudson River towards Moodna Marsh. Experience the beautiful calm waters, great scenery, wildlife and a sense of remoteness as you kayak back into the depths of the marsh. Bald eagle spotting is common — bring a camera.
Storm King Adventure Tours (SKAT) will be our tour guide for this three hour adventure. SKAT is one of the best tour operators on the Hudson River with a 4.5-out-of-5 Yelp! rating. So come out and join us for an afternoon of fun!
Reserve your spot by calling SKAT directly at 845-534-7800 (10am - 5pm, 7 days a week) and tell them you'd like to signup for the "Moodna Marsh Tour" on July 29th with the "Mid-Hudson Mensa" group. They'll need a credit card to reserve your spot but you don't pay until the day of the event (so bring it with you). If we get 10-people on the day of the event they'll give us a 10% discount. Then email Mid-Hudson Mensa so we know how many Ms (and guests) are coming. See email from SKAT below for complete details.
- Date: July 29, 2017 @ 2:30 pm (show up 15-min early to pay)
- SKAT: Storm King Adventure Tours, 178 Hudson St, Cornwall-On-Hudson, NY 12520
- Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/6oPfm2741Kt
- SKAT Site: http://www.stormkingadventuretours.com
- Yelp!: http://www.yelp.com/biz/storm-king-adventure-tours-cornwall-on-hudson
- Kris Seiz: Kris & kayak at SKAT
- I was told that mosquito are not a problem and we could bring granola bars if we want. If you wear an action cam put it on your head as the life jacket will be over your torso.
- If they cancel because of weather, tell them to reschedule you for the Aug. 5th at 10:00 am Moodna Marsh Tour (unless you can't make it).
- If you cancel you have to do it before 2:30 pm the day before -- else you only get a partial refund.
- Call them or go on their website for any questions on how they conduct the tour / payment / etc.
Our roaming Pub Trivia / Dinner event is continuing! In order to be accessible to more members in the region, we'll visit a different establishments throught the year. All levels of players welcome — come to play for fun or play to win. This is a great "ice breaker" for new members or for those that haven't been to an event before.
The next location is below. You must contact the host two days before the event in order to reserve a seat. Also, the host may need to contact you in case of last minute changes.
Wednesday, July 19, 2017: A Better Place Bar & Grill, Central Valley, NY
Dinner at 6:30pm with Trivia @ 7:30pm — Southern Orange County Evening will host. Email to save your spot!
ABP has 4.5/5-star Yelp! Rating